Lejeune Association Management (Lejeune) offers you a challenging and unique job, on the cutting edge of the public and private domain, where your knowledge and experience of chemical issues is essential. Your goal is to contribute as much as possible to the goals of the associations you are servicing (among others the European label industry association FINAT, the European adhesive tape association Afera, the UV/EB radiation curing technology association RadTech Europe and the Ethanol REACH Association EtOH-REACH). More precisely, you will be:
- Gathering, evaluating, collating and monitoring relevant regulations as well as corresponding legal and scientific documents;
- Collaborating with several associations and other parties of interest on common (chemical) issues and participating in joint cross-sector working groups;
- Liaising and negotiating with regulatory authorities and stakeholder organizations;
- Lobbying and influencing new standards relevant to member companies of the respective associations;
- Offering practical advice and sharing knowledge to member companies and association bodies on best practice in compliance with EU regulations;
- Managing projects within one or more associations on socially relevant subjects such as recycling, food safety, sustainability, etc.;
- Organizing or attending relevant seminars, meetings, etc.;
- Publishing on a regular basis in several magazines and online;
- Presenting at association conferences, meetings and third party events on issues of importance.
We want to get in touch with you if you recognize yourself in the following description:
- You obtained a bachelor, M.Sc or Ph.D degree in (polymer) chemistry, chemical engineering, technical business administration, or similar (preferably followed by a specialization in public administration, science based business or similar);
- You have at least 3 years of relevant working experience, for example as a trainee or a policy officer, within an Association, a Government organization, an NGO or a similar company as Lejeune (experience with (chemical) regulations and legislation is considered a big plus);
- You are ambitious, eager to go the extra mile, and want to develop yourself further over the next years;
- You have a broad interest in policy issues, technology, legislation and social themes;
- You have excellent project management, analytical and IT skills;
- You are politically and socially sensitive, and have a high degree of flexibility and adaptability;
- You are a strong communicator, advisor, networker and team player capable to bridge differences and able to translate complex theory into understandable language;
- You are likeable and diligent and able to represent Lejeune and its clients in a respectful way;
- You are independent, responsible, full of initiative, accurate, entrepreneurial and discrete;
- You are very proficient in English, proficiency in Dutch and / or German is considered a bonus;
- You will be working from the Lejeune office in The Hague, The Netherlands, and you are willing to travel internationally 20-30% of your time.
Each successful association knows the collective power of connecting volunteers professionally with their organization. Lejeune Association Management will help them achieve this goal as a liaison between their volunteers, as well as a link between their organization and its professional environment. Their service begins at the heart of each organization and expands to encompass a broad range of support, practical and advisory services in association management.
Lejeune offers the following services and expertise:
- Representation of interests;
- Management policy and advice;
- Marketing and communication;
- Conventions, seminars and events;
- Approvals and industry programs;
- Backoffice, ICT and facility management.
Based in a contemporary office in The Hague, an enthusiastic and committed team of 17 people are dedicated to their associations on a daily basis. The working atmosphere in the office is pleasant and informal, the appearance towards clients is professional and involved.
Lejeune Association Management offers a unique and versatile job at a well-established, internationally renowned organization, that is able to connect small scale and informal collegiality with professionalism and ambition. Obviously there is a suitable remuneration for your efforts.
Perselectief is responsible for recruitment and pre-selection for this vacancy. For additional information about this position, the procedure or the working method of Perselectief you can contact Maarten van de Sande, Managing Consultant, by telephone on +31 (0)6 - 208 51 567 or by mail on firstname.lastname@example.org. It goes without saying that we will handle your information with great care.